Self-Taught Student Talks is a sub-series of the LVEC podcast, highlighting self-taught students' accomplishments. This week, we meet Casey Bartholomew, a self-taught front-end web development student juggling full-time work while learning to code. We discuss what he's learned so far, what tools he's using, and where he plans to go.
What you'll learn
- Valuable tips for maximizing your periods of inactivity and downtime
- Getting the most out of local community college/vocational web development courses
- The unique perspective of a fellow web development student!
- 2:12: Casey discusses the events post-high school that led to him working in retail today
- 6:08: Casey recommends one of Udemy's most popular courses (I've been recommending it for months — there's a reason it's so popular!)
- 13:30: Casey tells us his greatest obstacle while learning to code (it's probably one of yours, too!)
Udemy course recommended by Casey
Colt Steele's Complete Web Developer Bootcamp
Mobile app mentioned by Casey